«The composition of the edelweiss POST & CORE is barium glass, strontium and zinc oxide (antibacterial) embedded in resin. The crystals are sintered to a monobloc which leads to perfect mechanics within the material. The flexural strength is similar to that of natural tooth. Congruent precision laser cut dental drills creates a perfectly prepared post space to suit the anatomical variations within the root canal space. edelweiss POST & CORE system is available in 3 different sizes based on the tooth position corresponding to anterior, premolar and molar regions.»
edelweiss POST & CORE
The edelweiss POST & CORE system consists of a post-and-core monoblock (post and abutment) made of laser-tempered and pre-polymerized highly filled nanohybrid composite and is used for the restoration of endodontically treated teeth. The conical post has a smooth surface and fits into post beds with a diameter of 1.4 mm and 1 mm. This makes it ideal for use in both the anterior and posterior regions. The conical profile of the post ensures optimal adaptation to the post bed. The translucency of the post allows even light emission for complete polymerization even in the apical region. The unique laser coating process allows for improved composite technology with superior mechanical properties.
The edelweiss POST & CORE system ensures a perfect esthetic result thanks to its translucent root post and integrated opaque post build-up.
The POST & CORE system is bonded to the root dentin with the same material it is made of, so that the root, dentin/cervical enamel, composite cement and POST CORE system form a single unit. This ensures maximum retention of the post in the root canal.
- Barium glass
- Bis-GMA based dental resin matrix
Filler content: 82 w/w %; the variation range of the inorganic filler particles is between 0.02 and 3 µm.
Properties edelweiss POST & CORE-System
- The conical post allows deep curing due to its translucency
- The opaque post build-up ensures a maximum esthetic restoration result
- Excellent retention thanks to the monoblock effect
- Easy to use
- Can be processed like dentin; preparation can be carried out directly in the mouth
- Easy adaptability
- The modulus of elasticity corresponds to that of natural tooth and prevents a wedging effect
- Unsurpassed radiopacity (radiopaque)
- Excellent adhesion to the root canal
Properties edelweiss Flowable Nano-Hybrid Composite
(recommended for cementing the POST & CORE system and adjusting the abutment).
- Easy to use
- Excellent working properties
- Fast and easy application
- Outstanding physical properties
- Antibacterial fillers
- Restoration of endodontically treated teeth
- Remaining tooth structure no longer provides sufficient retention
- For support during tooth reconstruction
- To stabilize the restoration against tensile, bending and shearing forces
- Severely reduced crown length, e.g. in case of attrition or abrasion
- In the case of a devitalized tooth that needs to be protected from fracture, as an abutment for a bridge
- Dentine collar (ferrule) less than 2-3 mm
- When the esthetic appearance plays an important role