Onlays/occlusions are polymerized, laser-machined, prefabricated, radiopaque, highly filled nano-hybrid composite enamel occlusal shells. The occlusal and anatomical shape template in the form of a thin enamel shell facilitates direct veneering of single or multiple posterior teeth.
Reconstruction is quick and easy with an esthetic, functional and high-quality result. Onlays/occlusions are cemented in place with the same material they are made of, creating a stable unit, the entire restoration (between dentin/enamel + composite + onlays/occlusion) Onlays/occlusions allow simple and complex posterior restorations with a biomechanical result.
The prefabricated onlays/occlusions provide the anatomical basis for single or complete reconstructions as well as for raising the vertical dimension in the posterior region. Thus, it is also possible to achieve a functioning anterior canine alignment by means of edelweiss VENEERs.
- Barium dental glass
- Bis-GMA-based matrix of dental resins
Filler content: 83 wt.% The variation range of the inorganic filler particles is between 0.02-3µm.
Properties edelweiss COMPOSITE
(which is recommended for luting and direct filling therapy)
- User-friendly handling
- Excellent processing properties
- Easy and fast polishability
- Low shrinkage due to the use of nano technology and a high filler content(83%)
- Excellent abrasion behavior
- Very good physical properties
- Antibacterial surface due to zinc and furfural content in the filler
- Natural fluorescence
- Old restorations
- all filling classes 1-4
- Tooth malocclusions
- Tooth fractures
- Tooth discolorations
- Veneering of old crowns
- Anatomical malformations
- Cosmetic correction
- Lifting of the vertical dimension in the posterior region